AMD WRX80 Ryzen Threadripper PRO extended-ATX workstation motherboard with Intel dual 10G LAN, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C port, 7 x PCIe 4.0 x16 slots, 3 x M.2 PCIe 4.0, ASMB9-iKVM, 2 x U.2 and 16 power stages, and WIFI 6E
- AMD sWRX8 Socket: Ready for AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO Series Processors, with overclocking available to dip into untapped potential and performance
- Ultrafast connectivity: USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C port, 10 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports, 3 x M.2 PCIe 4.0, HYPER M.2 x16 Gen 4 card and Intel X550-AT2 dual 10Gb Ethernet, WiFi 6E
- ASMB9-iKVM remote management: AST-2500 BMC chip to provide intelligence for its IPMI architecture for out-of-band management to enhance hardware-level control for improved IT efficiency
- Powerful performance: 16 power stages, multi-GPU support and R-DIMM memory support
- Trusted stability: Tested for 24/7 dependability, validated for solid compatibility and equipped with SafeSlot for ultimate security
Ultimate power for professional productivity
The ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI II is engineered to unleash the incredible power of the latest AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro series processors, with support for overclocking to dip into untapped potential and performance. This reliable multi-core CPU foundation is the ideal choice for professional creative workloads like video editing and 3D rendering. Additionally, seven PCIe 4.0 slots with SafeSlot fortification can deliver exceptional performance for the latest high-powered graphics cards and storage devices.~
With metallic black aluminum extrusions, stainless steel black mesh with highlighted details, and a transparent smoky gray I/O cover, Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI II presents a professional, low-profile look for content creators.
Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI II features seven PCIe 4.0 x16 slots for high-powered graphics cards, enabling enhanced performance for professional design, modeling and simulation, and rendering applications
Intel dual 10G Ethernet
Featuring dual onboard 10G LAN ports powered by the cutting-edge Intel X550-AT2 Ethernet controller, Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI II makes short work of multi-terabyte transfers from your creativities and provides server-grade connectivity with low-latency.
USB 3.2 Gen 2 x 2 Type C
The latest USB standard doubles transfer bandwidth by opening another USB 3.2 Gen 2 lane to achieve its maximum throughput of up to 20 Gbps. In addition to blazingly fast data-transfer speeds, USB 3.2 offers easy connectivity and ultimate flexibility via USB-C ports.
The front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 connector is ready for next-gen PC cases and devices.
3 M.2 PCIe 4.0
Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI II includes three M.2 and two U.2 slots wired to PCIe 4.0 x4 bandwidth. Creators working with massive video files can RAID together multiple NVMe devices for massive I/O bandwidth and seamless playback in their editing bays. These three M.2 slots rest under dedicated heatsinks to prevent SSD throttling under heavy loads and comes with ASUS Q-Latch.
With NVMe RAID support for Ryzen Threadripper PRO processors, unused CPU PCIe 4.0 lanes can be assigned to storage, allowing you to create a bootable RAID array with multiple M.2 SSDs to provide incredible throughput – up to 8x faster than individual PCIe 3.0 x4 SSDs. RAID can also be configured with PCIe 3.0 SSDs.
* With included ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 Gen 4 card. RAID is limited to a maximum of 10 NVMe SSDs on the AMD WRX80 platform.
Supreme memory capability
The ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI II supports ECC memory to automatically detect and correct data corruption, reducing the chance of system crashes. Being infused with proprietary memory trace layout that improve signal integrity and mitigate noise, this motherboard enables DDR4 memory overclocking with maxed-out speeds to provide better memory performance for a diverse range of workloads.
Onboard WiFi 6E technology takes advantage of the newly available radio spectrum in the 6 GHz band. It provides up to three times the bandwidth of the 5 GHz band and up to seven 160 MHz bands to deliver ultrafast wireless networking speeds and improved capacity as well as better performance in dense wireless environments.
ASMB9-iKVM for remote management
An integrated BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) is a key feature for workstations. It uses an Intel X550 dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet controller, with one port dedicated to the BMC to provide the intelligence for its IPMI architecture. The BMC manages the interface between system-management software and platform hardware. Administrators can remotely communicate with the BMC to take some corrective actions – such as resetting or power cycling a system.
16 Power stages
Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI II's VRM is comprised of 16 power stages, delivering the power and efficiency that the latest AMD processors demand.
6-pin Power connectors
Two additional PCIe 6-pin power connectors can add power output stability when creators use many graphic cards onboard.
SOC and DRAM heatsink
Since mass and airflow are critically important, our VRM heatsink is manufactured with skived, high aspect ratio thin fins. An SOC heatsink uses a semi-passive fan to draw heat away from the dual 10G LAN.
Actively cooled heatsink
The heatsink fin density is optimized to maximize surface area while maintaining a low-resistance exhaust path. The custom low-noise fan features a high-durability bearing with a 60,000-hour L10* lifespan.
Three M.2 slots are covered by heatsinks to combat
temperature-induced throttling that can affect performance during heavy, sustained storage loads.
Optimized for around-the-clock operations, Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI II is tested under temperatures of up to 45_ C and humidity of up to 80% in order to ensure it can thrive in different environments.
- Motherboard Type: Server / Workstation
- Form Factor: Extended ATX
- Socket: AMD WRX8
- Chipset: AMD WRX80
- #Hide#DDR Type: DDR4
- CPU Support: Click here for CPU support
- RAM Technology: DDR4 (Eight Channel)
- RAM Slots: 8 x DIMM
- RAM Speeds: “Supported memory types, data rate(Speed), and number of DRAM modules vary depending on the CPU and memory configuration”
- Maximum Memory: 2048GB
- Graphics: –
- Graphics Ports: –
- Multi-GPU Support: Supports NVIDIA 4-Way/3-Way/2-Way SLI Technology
- PCI/PCI Express: 7 x PCIe 4.0/3.0 x16
* Support PCIe bandwidth bifurcation for RAID on CPU function
- Storage: “8 x SATA III
3 x M.2 (2242/2260/2280/22110) – SATA & PCIe
2 x U.2 – supports U.2 NVMe device and up to 4 SATA devices*
*The U.2_1 slot shares bandwidth with M.2_2, U.2_2 slot shares bandwidth with M.2_3. When M.2_2 slot is being populated, U.2_1 slot will be disabled. When M.2_3 slot is being populated, U.2_2 slot will be disabled. Each U.2 slots can support up to 4 SATA devices via a transfer cable. the cable is purchased separately*“
- RAID: Supports NVMe RAID configurations via M.2 storages
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 6E
2×2 Wi-Fi 6E (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax)
Supports 2.4/5/6GHz frequency band
- LAN: Dual 10GB LAN
- Audio: Relatek ALC4080 7.1 Surround Sound High Definition Audio CODEC
- USB Ports Supported: 1 x USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type-C (at back)
1 x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C (at back)
8 x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A (at back)
2 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-A (at mid-board)
4 x USB 2.0 (at mid-board)
1 x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C front panel connector
- Back Panel I/O Ports: “1 x USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type-C
9 x USB 3.2 Gen2 (8 Type-A, 1 Type-C)
1 x Wi-Fi Module
2 x Intel X550-AT2 dual 10Gb Ethernet
5 x Audio jacks
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
1 x BIOS FlashBack button
1 x Clear CMOS button”
- Internal I/O Connectors: 1 x 4-pin CPU Fan
1 x 4-pin CPU OPT Fan
6 x 4-pin Chassis Fan
1 x VRM heatsink Fan
1 x Chipset Fan
1 x 24-pin Main
2 x 8-pin +12V
2 x 6-pin PCIe Graphics Card
1 x 8-pin PCIe
3 x M.2 (Key M)
8 x SATA 6Gb/s
2 x U.2
- .: 1 x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C
1 x USB 3.2 Gen1
2 x USB 2.0
1 x BMC switch
1 x IPMI switch
1 x Messange LED
1 x Micro SD card socket
2 x LAN LED
1 x Location LED
1 x Location button
- .: 1 x PSU_SMB
1 x SMART_PSU switch
1 x VGA switch
1 x VGA
1 x VPP_I2C
1 x COM Port
1 x FlexKey button
1 x Front Panel Audio
1 x SPI TPM (14-1pin)
1 x Start button
1 x 20-3 pin System Panel
1 x RTC Battery
1 x Thermal Sensor
- Accessories: 6 x SATA 6Gb/s cables
1 x VGA cable
1 x ASUS 2×2 Dual-Band Wi-Fi moving antennas
1 x Hyper M.2 X16 Gen 4 Card
M.2 SSD screws for Hyper M.2 X16 Gen 4 Card
3 x Q Latch
7 x M.2 Rubber Packages
1 x Q-connector
- Additional Features: See Overview
- Package Type: Retail
- Warranty: 3 Years
- #Hide#M.2 Slot(s): Yes (M.2)
- #Hide#No. LAN Ports: 2 x LAN
- #Hide#Max LAN Speed: 10GB LAN
- #Hide#Wi-Fi: Yes (Wi-Fi)